Water Quality Grants
The Water Quality Grants Program offers an opportunity for individuals and organizations to actively participate in improving the water quality within the district. This program funds projects that implement best management practices to address water quality challenges within the watershed.
Below is information including eligibility criteria, application guidelines, and past project examples.
May fund 25-50% of total project costs up to a maximum of $7,500 depending on benefits to water resources.
If a project is highly beneficial to water resources RCWD may fund 75% of eligible materials and contracted labor up to a maximum of $7,500.
Who is Eligible
All land or home owners in the district are eligible. This includes residents, churches, schools, communities, and businesses.
Need Professional Help with Design and Installation?
We partner with our local county Conservation Districts to provide free site visits and technical assistance to residents to design and implement their projects. Contact information below.
What Projects Are Eligible?
Rain gardens, stabilizing shoreline erosion, shoreline restorations, prairie restorations, restoring wetlands, agricultural water quality practices, previous pavers, and similar projects may be eligible for this program.
- Call your county conservation representative below to schedule a free site visit.
Anoka Conservation District (ACD)
Ramsey County Parks & Recreation Soil & Water Conservation Division
- Work with county conservation staff to complete a Water Quality Plan design with a cost estimate.
- Select a project(s) from the Water Quality Plan and begin the application and design process.
- Note: Applicants can choose to work with a private designer on a project & submit to county conservation staff for review.
- RCWD’s Citizen Advisory Committee will review your application and make a funding recommendation to the Board of Managers. The Board will determine funding support for your project and staff will notify you of their decision within 10 days. The grant proposal review schedule is listed in the program guidelines.
- Work with your contractor to build the project.
- Once complete, submit receipts or invoices for payment up to the amount approved by the RCWD Board.
Water Quality Grant Program Operations and Maintenance agreement between applicant and RCWD stating specific maintenance requirements for the projectLearn More
Voucher and Practice Certification Form that lists out contract information and cost information for the project.Learn More
Guidance on RCWD’s grant program reimbursement and payment processLearn More
Water Quality Grant timeline for applications and approvalsLearn More